2010年4月13日火曜日

"How to Learn English"

I am interested in foreign countries.
Especially, I like foreign culture.
But, I can't use the English well , so I want to study English in this class.

a : word

1. curious

definition : wanting to know about something

context : you probably don't need to stop and look up the word unless you are very curious about its meaning.


2. phrase

definition : a group of words that together have a particular meaning, especially when they express the meaning well in a few words

context : If someone has only learned that "dog" means "inu" the person is likely to become confused and unable to continue when trying to translate the phrase "inu o katteiru" into English.


c

I was surprised to hear that you think Japanese textbooks are too thin .
Textbooks are thick in America?
and , I think it is important to guess at the meaning of the word from the context.
When I was a high school student , the manner helped me .
In this essay , my favorite sentence is
"To get to know a word well, you need to "meet" it in many different situations."

2 件のコメント:

  1. This is a good start. Thanks! But why did you leave "context" blank? If you don't understand what I would like you to do, please ask me about it in class today.

    返信削除
  2. This is better. However, I would recommend using the phrase in which you found the word.

    返信削除